Wednesday 7 March 2012

Translating D&D into action- when do we stop talking and do something?

Convener: George Mann
Participants: Just me for now (at the beginning)
Summary of discussion, conclusions and/or recommendations:
 
  • Just me for now... (at the beginning)... Going to wait and see for a while.
  • Maybe I'll talk/write to myself?
  • Perhaps this is quite representative!? No one else will care about your session as much as you do? Is that true...? Not really.
  • Why did I call this?
  • Because I can't help feeling that the gulf between talking about an issue and doing something about it.
  • Re. my session last weekend, all that talking... but now, unless I myself do something it can just fade into obscurity as if it never happened...
  • So what is the point?
  • Talking is great. It helped clarify the issue, clear things up, air frustrations.. but to actually change anything or do something about one has to act. But is 'one' really just ONE? Does it always come to that?
  • Can D&D result in more than just one person with their session "campaigning" alone?
  • Should I have formed a committee?
  • Asked people to do something?
  • Should D&D give more time to action and how can it become action?
  • Maybe one Monday morning isn't enough?
  • Yes I felt I'd met my community, I'd been hear, agreed with, disagreed with, but so what?
  • WHAT NOW...?
  • In a way, I came for the community, and because we're stronger together... yet I ended up along after all that trying to Do something about my issue?
  • Somehow it feels like something is missing from D&D. The bridge between talking and doing hasn't been built yet, so it remains a social-frustration-airing-gathering of sorts... for now.
  • But I still love it

No comments:

Post a Comment