These are a list of the sessions that were called on 14th March at Oval House Theatre, where the title is highlighted means the report has been typed up.
1. How can I make my rehearsal process as queer as the content of my shows?
2. Why does the world (appear to) be more interested in gay men than gay women?
3. Challenging Mainstream/ Orthodoxy? Does 'queer' necessarily imply a questioning of a 'perceived' mainstream or is that an orthodoxy in itself?
4. How can music be a queer stimulus?
5. Is queer becoming more 'acceptable' in mainstream society? and if so, does that represent its demise?
6. Is there a queer youth? If there is are they making queer theatre?
7. What is queer? Lifestyle? Physical? Sexuality? Fashions?
8. As queer artists are we still the oppressed underdogs in UK Theatre or are we in fact the ruling elite with all the power>
9. I want to be a member of the Gay Mafia - Does anyone here have a membership form?
10. How do we make queer theatre without feeling afraid of the stereotype that may come with it and the fear of being pigeon-holed for life?
11. What does 'Queer' look like, or is it all in the eye of the beholder?
12. I am terrified of saying the wrong thing and offending someone. What is there to be said and who is allowed to say it?
13. If we were to make topical queer theatre for 2011, what would it be about?
14. The invite said 'Theatre is inherently queer'. I agree, but I still want to ask why?
15. S&M, Kink, Queer, Feminism & You
16. Why am I no longer interested in queer theatre?
17. Who is allowed to make queer theatre? Who is allowed to watch?
18. Where does 'Trans' work sit in queer?